FAQs for Our Customers
All what you need to know
Q: How far in advance should I book my move? A: It’s best to book as soon as you know your moving date. We recommend at least 4-6 weeks in advance, especially during peak moving seasons (summer, weekends, end of the month).
Q: Do you offer packing and unpacking services? A: Yes, we offer both packing and unpacking services. Our team is equipped to handle everything from delicate items to large furniture, ensuring everything is securely packed for transit.
Q: How is the cost of my move determined? A: The cost depends on factors like the distance of the move, the volume of items, and additional services (like packing). We provide a detailed estimate after an initial inventory assessment.
Q: Are my belongings insured during the move? A: Yes, we provide basic valuation coverage. However, for additional protection, you may want to consider purchasing full-value insurance, especially for high-value items.
Q: Can you move specialty items, such as pianos or artwork? A: Absolutely. We have the expertise and equipment to move specialty items. Please inform us in advance so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Q: What happens if my new place isn’t ready on the moving day? A: We offer short-term and long-term storage solutions in such cases. Your belongings can be safely stored in our facilities until your new place is ready.
Q: How long does it take to move? A: The duration depends on the size of the move and the distance. Local moves typically take a day, while long-distance moves can take several days.
Q: Do I need to be present during the move? A: Yes, we recommend that you or a designated representative be present on moving day to oversee the process and answer any questions.
Q: How do I prepare my home and myself for moving day? A: Ensure all items are packed (unless you’ve requested packing services), clear pathways, and secure parking for the moving truck. It’s also helpful to have an essentials box for your first day at the new place.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept? A: We accept various forms of payment including cash, credit/debit cards, and checks. Please inquire for more details regarding payment options.
Q: How should I prepare large appliances for a move? A: Clean and disconnect appliances, secure moving parts, and if possible, consult the user manuals for specific moving instructions.
Q:What should I do if I need to move at the last minute? A: Prioritize immediately finding a moving company with last-minute availability, focus on essential packing, and consider if temporary storage is necessary.
Q: What should I look for in a moving company’s contract?
A: When evaluating a moving company’s contract, it’s crucial to scrutinize several key components to ensure a clear and comprehensive understanding of the services and terms. Here’s what to focus on:
- Fees and Charges: Examine the contract for a detailed breakdown of all costs involved. Look beyond the base rate and check for additional fees for services like packing, loading, and storage. Be vigilant about potential hidden costs or surcharges.
- Insurance Coverage: Determine the type of liability coverage offered. This can range from basic (usually based on weight) to full value protection. The contract should specify the coverage details and any extra costs for higher protection levels.
- Delivery Timelines: Ensure the contract states clear pickup and delivery dates. It should also outline procedures in case of delays, including a reasonable delivery window, particularly for long-distance moves.
- Policies on Delays or Damage Claims: Understand the company’s policies regarding delays and their communication and handling procedures for such instances. Also, check the process for filing claims in case of damage or loss, including the timeframe for reporting issues.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: Familiarize yourself with the terms regarding service cancellation. This includes any penalties for cancelling the contract and the period within which you can cancel without charges.
- Inventory List: The contract should include or accompany a detailed inventory list of all items being moved, essential for long-distance moving services. This list is crucial for tracking and verifying the condition of your belongings.
- Additional Services and Costs: If you’ve requested extra services like unpacking or furniture assembly, ensure these are listed in the contract along with their associated costs.
- Contact Information: The contract must have complete contact information for the moving company, including an emergency or after-hours contact number.